There’s no secret that social media promotion becomes an important point of the marketing strategy of any business. Nowadays, it looks strange if a business doesn’t have any social profile. But starting your business profile and page is far not enough, it needs a lot of work before it starts do affect on your income directly.
Though there are several common points about social media marketing, there are also several special things that can make it work for a specific social networking site. For instance, how to make your Facebook promotion a success?
- Do you really need a Facebook page? No, I’m serious. Creating your business page just because it’s common is not the best way to do. And if you still think you need it, then clarify for yourself what do you need it for? Maybe, it will be a tool for announcing the customers about the discounts or special offers? Or you need the page to get the fast clients’ feedback? Make things clear in order to create the strategy according to your goals.
- Use the benefits of targeted ads. Facebook offers to display your ads only to your potential customers, in accordance with gender, age, interests and geographical area that you state. Though this service is paid, it usually pays off as your ads are specific and are not shown just to everyone.
- Encourage the feedback. Always reply to those who comments on your page. Be attentive and loyal to your customer, and respond positively, no matter if the feedback is positive or negative. Be human, and try to understand the human needs – it always works for any kind of business.
- Make your posts up-to-dated, bright, bringing value to the subscribers and post them regular. Actually, there’s no rule about how often you should post, but what can be told for sure that if you update the Facebook less then several times a week, any of your strategies will work. Also, use the 20/80 rule: no more than 20% of your content should be promotional. The bigger share should bring something interesting to your reader.
- The posting time matters. Every social networking site has its time with the maximum number of visitors. Posts published at this time, get more likes and shares. For Facebook, if you publish any updates on your page, it’s the best idea to do it from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Use your subscribers’ activity. For instance, you can run a competition and offer a valuable prize for maximum likes and repost of your entry. Also, you can encourage the visitors to share their stories or the personal impressions of using your product or service. People tend to trust other people rather than a classic ad, even if it’s very good.
- Integrate all your online presence. This is one of the key things, which is often forgotten. Add links to your website and other social profiles on the visible place.
About the author: Melisa Marzett is a writer. She enjoys covering marketing topics as well as write about business, technology and lifestyle. Melisa writes essays for www.cleverpaperwritingservices.com paper writing service and is available at Google Plus
Facebook Mobile Advertising – Is it Worth Your time.